Guidelines for Book Proposals (submission)
The key points to bear in mind are:
- Who you are writing for
- The structure of the book
- How you can offer something different from competing titles
Please send the following:
- A 300–500 word description of the aim and scope of the publication (i.e. features and benefits for the reader, intended style, topics covered, why you see a need for such a book, where the idea originates from, etc.)
- A list of chapter headings with a short synopsis of each chapter
- Proposed length of text (number of words) and estimated delivery date. Please be realistic here
- Two sample chapters
- Brief biographical details, including details of other published work
- A definition of the target market/readership
- Details of comparable or competitive titles and why this one is different
- Details of any marketing support you will be able to provide, e.g. mailing lists, contacts, etc.
We prefer for proposals to be submitted by email to [email protected].